Web Design and Application Development (WDAD)
IntroductionDeveloping a fully integrated and automated website is a challenging and passionate task. Web Design and Application Development (WDAD) course offered from Information Access Center (IAC) provides a convenient platform for those professionals who want to foster their technical abilities of web development and enhance their quality of works.
- To develop skills for efficient design of Websites using HTML and CSS.
- Gain a conceptual understanding of the hierarchical relationship between the different Client Side Scripting Language.
- To be able maintain data and information effectively thorough the use of Database like MySQL with the functionality of PHP.
Outcome of the LearningStudents completing this course successfully will be able to -
- Learn how to develop a complete and integrated websites.
- Earn skills required for working with basic SQL.
- Use advanced features of SQL in order to query and manipulate data within the database through Server Side Scripting like PHP.
Class Planning:The course length will be 8 weeks with two classes in each week and 3 hours in each class. The lecture plan of the course is as follows:
|1||Client Side Scripting: HTML|
|2||Client Side Scripting: CSS|
DOM and AJAX
|4||.NET I/O and Serialization|
|6||Server-side Scripting: PHP|
PHP and MySQL
|9||Term Final Exam|
Detailed Course Content
Client Side Scripting
HTMLBasic Concept of Internet and Web, HTML Syntax and Rules, The HTML Specification, Basic Document Structure, Standard Attributes, Adding Text, Linking Text and Documents, Creating Lists, Tables, Graphics, Frames, Forms.
CSSHow to Style, Syntax, Two Special Concepts: Class & ID, Selecting an HTML Tag, The Box Model, Inline & Block Level Elements, The Position Property, Margin, Padding, Background. Styling Text, Text, Styling HTML Tags, Styling Links, Styling List, Various Display.
DOMWhat is the DOM?, DOM Nodes, Node Parents, Children, and Siblings, HTML DOM Properties, HTML DOM Methods, Navigating Node Relationships, HTML DOM - Change HTML Elements.
Server Side Scripting
PHPIntroduction to Server Side Scripting, What is PHP?, Basic syntax, Data Types, Operators, Conditional Statements, Loops, Array, String, Function, HTML forms and PHP: Get method, Post method.
DataBaseIntroduction to Databases: MySQL, Database Tables, Data types, SQL Statements, MySQL CREATE, INSERT Statement, Update Statement, Delete Statement, Query, ORDER BY & GROUP BY, HAVING Clause, LIKE Operator, Advanced Query: SQL JOIN., Basic sub queries, Complex sub-queries, Set operations, Creating and working with Views, Indexes, Sequence, Synonyms .
PHP & DatabaseCreate a Connection to a MySQL Database, Sending SQL queries with PHP, Select Data from a Database Table through PHP, Searching Data from PHP, PHP MySQL Constants, Php MySQL Functions.
Advanced PHPSession Variables and Cookies, Session in Networking, PHP Session Variables, Starting & Destroying a PHP Session, Cookie: Creating & Deleting, PHP date and include, PHP and File Management:, PHP Error and Exceptions, PHP Filters, PHP and AJAX, PHP HTTP, FTP, XML and libxml, PHP Email.
Learning and Evaluation Method
- The class room will be equipped with the multimedia projector
- The electronic document of class notes will be supplied
- Two faculty members of CSE, BUET will be teaching during the demonstration in each class
- Each student will get a PC to do proper practice and the class size will be not more than 35 students
- There will be on line (during the classes) exams and offline (home work) assignments to solve practical problems
- There will be quizzes in every week to evaluate the class performances of the last two classes.
- A final exam will be held at the end of the course.
Course TeachersMd. Mahbubul Hasan, Lecturer, Department of CSE, BUET
Md. Mustafizur Rahman, Lecturer, Department of CSE, BUET
Phone: 9665650-80 Ext-6438, mobile : 01816908993